Recruitment - Trainee Manager Scheme
Minar Jewellers The Diamond Specialists – Trainee Manager Scheme
Who are we:
Minar Jewellers The Diamond Specialists are a family-owned business; we were established in 1982 and are regarded as one of the finest Asian jewellers within the UK and Europe. We specialise in Diamond Jewellery, Platinum and fine handcrafted Asian Jewellery. We have seen our business grow in the last 5 years and are looking to take on outstanding talent to add to our existing team of sales executives with the right candidate there is an opportunity to become a manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Must speak English fluently, as well as speak one of the following languages: Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati or Tamil.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- You must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to use Mac operating systems.
- You must be willing to learn and continually be willing to educate yourselves about jewellery. You will be expected to do all the tasks necessary to keep a small business functioning efficiently.
- You must be willing to come up with and share new and innovative ideas
- You must be proficient at navigating and travelling
- Graduate with a minimum 2:2 or ability to demonstrate equivalent academic proficiency.
- You must be qualified with The National Association of Jewellers Jet 1 and Jet 2 education programs
Job Role and Purpose:
- Reporting to: You will report to the Manager and Director of the store.
- Communication: You must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with all types of clients.
- Flexibility: You will need to be as able to make coffee and tea as well as to serve clients by displaying our jewellery collections.
- Training: Initially you will learn from other Sales Assistants.
- Education: You will be offered the chance to train with the National Association of Goldsmiths and GIA London to further your ongoing training and education.
- If offered the role, you will start on a 12 week probation period with a personal assessment every 4 weeks.
- You will start on a basic of £19000 excluding your monthly bonus.
Email your cover letter (stating why you think you are suitable for this role) and curriculum vitae to: