Minar Jewellers The Diamond Specialists - Sales Executive
Minar Jewellers The Diamond Specialists are a family-owned business; we were established in 1982 and are regarded as one of the finest Asian jewellers within the UK and Europe. We specialise in Diamond Jewellery, Platinum and fine hand-crafted Asian Jewellery.
Since 2013 Minar Jewellers have been short-listed for numerous industry related awards and were privileged to win the 2014 Wandsworth Business Awards for Best Independent Retailer. In 2015 for the UK Jewellery Awards we were short-listed Finalists in the Best Independent Retailer category, an award open to over 2000 UK jewellery businesses.
We have seen our business grow in the last 5 years and are looking to take on outstanding talent to add to our existing team of sales executives with the right candidate there is an opportunity to become a manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Must speak English fluently. Additionally an extra language would be highly desirable, one of the following especially: Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Tamil or any European language.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Basic computer literacy
- You must be willing to learn and continually be willing to educate yourself about jewellery. You will be expected to do any and all the tasks necessary to keep a small business functioning efficiently.
- An interest in art, fashion, design or jewellery is desirable.
- You must be willing to come up with and share new and innovative ideas
- You must be proficient at navigating and travelling and may be required to do so at short notice into and around London.
- Graduate with a minimum 2:2 or have the ability to demonstrate equivalent academic proficiency.
- Knowledge of public or customer facing roles
Job Role and Purpose:
- Reporting to: You will report to the Manager and Director of the store.
- Communication: You must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with all types of clients.
- Flexibility: You will need to be as able to make coffee and tea as well as to serve clients by displaying our jewellery collections.
- Training: Initially you will learn from other Sales Executives.
- Education: You will be offered the chance to train with the National Association of Goldsmiths and GIA London to further your ongoing training and education.
- If offered the role, you will start on a 12 week probation period with a personal assessment every 4 weeks.
- You will start on a basic of £18,000 excluding your monthly bonus.
The business is located in South West London, and the business is open Monday to Saturday, with some Sunday event days. The successful candidate will be required to work every Saturday.
With your cover letter (stating why you think you are suitable for this particular role) curriculum vitae and recent photograph.
Send your application to: email@example.com
Will you be able to work weekends if necessary?
Are you able to travel on public transport easily and carry valuable goods?